Dedicated to the documentation, preservation, advancement and
promotion of the stamps and postal history of Germany and
its related areas through education, study, research and services.
Founded in 1949 by a dedicated group of hobbyists, the GERMANY PHILATELIC SOCIETY has become a community of collectors, exhibitors, jurors and postal historians for philatelic material of Germany and related areas (e.g., offices, colonies, occupations). TheGERMANY PHILATELIC SOCIETY is American but our members are worldwide.
Current Members: This is your website and location to find information regarding your membership benefits and services using the links at the top and side of this home page.
Non-Members: You are most welcome to peruse the site and consider joining a dynamic community of slightly less than 900 members enjoying philately more through membership and our many benefits:
- Monthly publication of our full-color, award-winning, GERMAN POSTAL SPECIALIST magazine
- Audio-visual and literature libraries
- Specialty study groups
- Local chapters in many areas
- Publications: specialty handbooks, forgery manuals on CD, maps
- Book reviews of some of the latest publications for our common collecting area
- Translation and identification services
- Exhibiting “primers,” exhibit critique service and novice exhibitor award grants
- Awards for exhibitors at national and some regional shows
- Annual convention at a national (APS-WSP) show
- Tri-annual German-American Salon in cooperation with Bund Deutscher Philatelisten (BDPh) in Germany, alternating between locations in the U.S. and Germany